Through this new phase of the Pathway Partnership, Tacoma Public School (TPS) educators may access premium public library resources with their employee ID. Educators share this privilege with their students, who have been able to use their school ID as a library card for four years. Learn more.
We, at Tacoma Public Library, hope this makes it easier for educators to learn and share knowledge with their students.
How does it work?
TPS educators, you are automatically enrolled as a library patron via the Pathway program. Your employee ID number is your library eCard number.
- Up to 20 eBooks or audiobooks via the Overdrive apps
- The Overdrive apps are available for android and apple mobile devices
- Up to 20 eBooks or audiobooks per month with the Overdrive apps
Explore premium electronic resources and databases such as…
- Streaming picture books for children (Bookflix)
- SAT and ACT Pretests (TERC)
- A vast number of news and periodical articles (Gale and Proquest databases)
- Free training on technology and foreign languages (Lynda.com and Rosetta Stone)
- And much more
- Excludes Hoopla and RBDigital eMagazines
To check out your educator library account online
- Click “Log In/My TPL” in the upper right hand corner
- Enter employee ID number and pin (1234)
Want a physical card that can check out materials and more? Maybe you would like to apply for a personal eCard that’s not affiliated with your employer? If you apply for an eCard for personal use you can access Hoopla. Hoopla offers streaming movies, downloadable books, comics, audiobooks, and music. Learn more and apply here.
Have questions or ideas you wish to share? Email us at email@example.com
Want to arrange a class visit or a special speaker? Fill out this form