Join one of Tacoma Public Library's Book Discussion groups or check out Book Club Kits to read with your friends!
Tacoma Public Library has different groups who get together monthly at the following locations:
- Kobetich Branch (253-248-7625) on the last Wednesday of each month
- Moore Branch (253-830-2663) on the fourth Tuesday of each month
- Wheelock Branch (253-617-7811) on the first Wednesday of each month
- Swasey Branch (253-617-7810) on the second Wednesday of each month
- Fern Hill Branch (253-341-4724) on the last Wednesday of each month (starting in April 2019)
In addition to our branch book clubs, our Books on Tap book club meets the last Tuesday and Wednesday of the month at various bars or breweries around Tacoma. Find us on Meetup for more details.
Tacoma Public Library also offers sets of multiple copies of books that you can check out to read with your own group. Here's the list of current Book Club Kits.
To request a book club kit, please fill out the online form or contact our Telephone Reference at (253) 292-2001. We will do our best to reserve the book kits for the dates requested. You will be contacted by email or by phone, within 2 business days to confirm the request date. If a book kit is not available for the requested dates, you can request an alternate date.
For more info, please see our Book Clubs FAQs.