Proctored Tests at Tacoma Public Library
Students should keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Photo I.D. is required at time of testing
- Tacoma Public Library has a small pool of librarians and library associates who may proctor a test. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm with their institution if this arrangement is acceptable
- The Library requires requests to be submitted at least one week in advance of preferred test date
- Proctoring services are provided free of charge. The Library will not incur expenses related to proctoring of tests such as photocopying, postage, etc.
- For paper tests, the library must receive testing material before scheduling the test time
- While the Library does accommodate online testing, it does not permit the downloading of specialized software to the library computers, to enable a test. Lockdown browsers are allowed if advance notice is given
- The Library will not collect and hold students’ electronic device/s during the duration of the test
- Testing is moderately monitored. We do not provide a private space for testing, so there may occasionally be noise or other disruptive elements beyond the library’s control occurring in the testing area. The proctor will sometimes step away from the testing area to help other patrons or take phone calls. We are not able to provide continuous or one-on-one monitoring
Please share your testing needs using the following form. A staff member will reach out to you to shortly.
"*" indicates required fields