Push notifications are now live in Libby! Users can choose which notifications they’d like to receive from the Libby menu under Manage Notifications, including:
- When a hold becomes available, is about to expire, or has expired
- When a loan is about to expire or has expired
You can manage each type of notification individually. Here's how:
1. Visit the Libby menu by tapping on the following icon in the upper right hand corner.
2. Tap Manage Notifications at the top of the menu.
Note: If you have existing in-app notifications at the top of the menu, swipe left to dismiss each one first.
3. Choose how to be notified: Ignore (no notification), Menu badge (in-app menu notification), or Notification (push notification).
Notifications are device-specific, so users can set their notification preferences for each device they use Libby on. Users on devices that doesn’t support push notifications (or where they’re disabled) can opt to receive notifications via email or in the Libby menu.
To enjoy notifications and other app improvements, be sure to install the latest update for Libby from your device’s app store.
For those of you wondering what Libby is, Libby is a free app that allows you to borrow ebooks and downloadable audiobooks from Overdrive, Tacoma Public Library’s ebook provider. You can stream books with Wi-Fi or mobile data, or download them for offline use and read anytime, anywhere. Libby is designed to make finding and borrowing ebooks and digital audiobooks easier than ever. All you need to get started is a library card!