Libraries fuel our community. Supporting the Tacoma Library Foundation creates a stronger Tacoma. Your contribution directly supports Tacoma Public Library in fulfilling its mission to empower our community by bringing people together to discover, connect, create, learn, and thrive.
Support our work by making a tax-deductible donation, opens a new window or shopping our online TPL gear store!, opens a new window
The Tacoma Public Library Foundation strengthens Tacoma’s thriving communities by fueling our library system through philanthropy and outreach.
We believe libraries are vital to building strong, compassionate, and prepared communities, and that learning is a human right. Through outreach and philanthropy, the Foundation strengthens Tacoma Public Library’s vision to be a radically welcoming, trusted community hub where all people can find joy, compassion, and inspiration.
- Social Justice
- Literacy + Learning
- Creativity + Innovation
Board of Directors
- Rafael Saucedo, Interim-President | Community Relations Specialist, Gesa Credit Union
- Cortney Leach, Treasurer | Grants Manager, Tacoma Public Schools
- Jamika Scott, Board of Directors | Founder, Tacoma Action Collective
- JR Nobles, Board of Directors | Executive Director, Friends of the Children Tacoma
- Wayne Williams, Board of Directors | President Emeritus, Tacoma Public Library Board of Trustees
- Megan Smedsrud, Board of Directors | Senior Program Officer, Greater Tacoma Community Foundation
- Erin Bethel, Board of Directors | Tacoma Public Schools
- Yazmin Carretero Aguilar, Board of Directors | Executive Director, Cielo Centro
- Bill Ryberg, Board of Directors | Vice President for College Advancement/Director of Foundation, Tacoma Community College
- OPEN, Board of Directors
- Kate Larsen, Exofficio | Director, Tacoma Public Library
- Samuel Benscoter, Exofficio | Finance Manager, Tacoma Public Library
- Donna La France, Exofficio | Vice President, Library Board of Trustees | Washington Department of Children, Youth, and Families