Tacoma Public Library offers a variety of industry certifications from Microsoft, Adobe and Intuit (QuickBooks). Testing is currently available virtually via technology options from the library’s partners, Certiport and the Washington State Library, or in person.
Read on for more information about certifications and how to prepare for and register for a test.
What is a certification? How can it benefit me?
Certifications demonstrate a level of achievement and knowledge in a subject area. They show what you know. Certain industry certifications are popular and useful to obtain, and are sometimes even required in the workplace, or to gain entrance to a school program.
In partnership with the Washington State Library, via funding from Washington State, Tacoma Public Library offers these certifications and tests:
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
Apple App Development
Information Technology Specialist
Intuit QuickBooks (QBCU)
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
Microsoft Security Fundamentals (MSFUND)
Unity Certified User
What steps should be taken to get certified?
- Prepare for the test. Use one or all of these library resources:
- LinkedInLearning, opens a new window – access from the library website with a Tacoma library card
- GMetrix, opens a new window – download this free software for prep and practice testing program (https://support.gmetrix.net/download, opens a new window)
- Microsoft LEARN, opens a new window
- Learn more about required skills and abilities for each test area at the Certiport, opens a new window website.
- Take a practice test.
GMetrix - To be eligible for a free certification voucher, candidates must pass a practice test in this software program. A passing score of 85% or better is required. Visit Download GMetrix, opens a new window to download the program and create a free account.
- Please fill out the form below to receive an access code.
- GMetrix - To be eligible for a free certification voucher, candidates must pass a practice test in this software program. A passing score of 85% or better is required. Visit Download GMetrix, opens a new window to download the program and create a free account.
- Schedule the certification exam.
- Complete the form below to contact staff about test scheduling; test dates are limited and require 1-2 weeks advance notice.
- Create a free account at certiport.com. Have your login information ready on the day of your testing appointment.