Tacoma Public Library offers the free opportunity to test for a variety of industry certifications from Microsoft, Adobe and Intuit (QuickBooks).
What is a certification? How can it benefit me?
Certifications demonstrate a level of achievement and knowledge in a subject area. Certain industry certifications are popular and useful to obtain, and are sometimes even required in the workplace, or to gain entrance to a school program.
In partnership with funding and support from the Washington State Library, Tacoma Public Library offers these certifications and exams:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
- Intuit QuickBooks (QBCU)
- Internet Core Competency Certification (IC3)
For a full list of exams offered, see below
What steps should be taken to get certified?
Prepare for the exam. Use one or all of these library resources:
- Lynda.com – access from the library website with a Tacoma library card
- GMetrix – download this free software and testing program; contact Rhonda Kristoff: 253-292-2001, ext. 1754 or email@example.com for information and an access code
- Microsoft Imagine Academy – free downloadable study materials at https://www.tacomalibrary.org/resources/computer-job/
- Learn more about required skills and abilities for each exam area at the Certiportopens a new window website.
Take a practice exam.
- GMetrix - To be eligible for free testing, candidates must pass a practice exam with a score of 85% or better.
- Schedule the certification exam.
Certifications and Exams at Tacoma Public Library
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
2013: Access, Excel, Excel Expert, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Word Expert
2016: Access, Excel, Excel Expert, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Word Expert
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
Software Development Fundamentals, Exam 98-361
HTML5 Application Developer Fundamentals, Exam 98-375
Introduction to Programming Using Python, Exam 98-381
Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS, Exam 98-383
Introduction to Programming Using Java, Exam 98-388
Database Administration Fundamentals, Exam 98-364
IT Infrastructure Exams:
Windows Operating System Fundamentals, Exam 98-349
Windows Server Administration Fundamentals, Exam 98-365
Networking Fundamentals, Exam 98-366
Security Fundamentals, Exam 98-367
Mobility and Device Fundamentals, Exam 98-368
Cloud Fundamentals, Exam 98-369
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
Adobe Creative Cloud:
Animate CC 2015
Dreamweaver CC 2015
Illustrator CC 2015
InDesign CC 2015
Photoshop CC 2015
Premiere Pro CC 2015
Rich Media Communication Using Adobe Flash CS6
Video Communication Using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop CS6
Web Communication Using Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
Adobe Creative Cloud ACE:
Adobe Dreamweaver CC2015 ACE Exam
Adobe Illustrator CC2015 ACE Exam
Adobe InDesign CC2015 ACE Exam
Adobe Photoshop CC2015 ACE Exam
Adobe Premiere Pro CC2015 ACE Exam
Intuit QuickBooks (QBCU)
Intuit QuickBooks Certified User 2017
Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Online – Global Version
Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Online – US Version