City of Tacoma’s 2021-22 budget, opens a new window to Tacoma’s City Council, with adjustments made due to the $67 million deficit caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.On Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020, Tacoma’s City Manager presented the
Tacoma Public Library’s Proposed Budget has been reduced by $2.2M, leading to potential reductions in programs and services and the elimination of 22 library staff members, including three library managers and 18 public services staff.
The City Manager’s budget is currently being reviewed by the City Council and is scheduled for adoption at their Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2020 meeting.
If you would like to provide feedback about Tacoma Public Library during the City of Tacoma’s 2021-22 budget adoption process, you may:
- Contact Tacoma City Council, opens a new window
- Attend public input sessions:
- Provide feedback on the City of Tacoma budget with the Balancing Act Budget Tool, opens a new window
- Make a donation in support of library programs and services, opens a new window
- Share this information with your networks