Come out of the weather and attend a storytime this winter.
Why attend a storytime?
- Meet people in your community. Storytime is a great place to talk to other caregivers and make friends.
- Develop your child’s pre-literacy skills. The songs, rhymes, books and activities we do in storytime help children learn skills they will need in order to read and write later on.
- They’re convenient. We hold storytimes on a variety of days and times, including evenings and Saturdays.
- They’re for all ages. We have storytimes just for babies, toddlers and preschoolers, and many for the whole family.
- It’s free! All library programs are offered at no cost.
- It’s FUN! Storytimes include bubbles, singing, art activities, and sometimes even the parachute!
Winter Storytime Schedule
This list below is sorted by age. To view storytimes at your nearest branch click on the name of the branch.
Join us for one-on-one lap time with bouncing rhymes, songs, and group play. For babies birth to two years (with exception to the Wheelock Branch session).
- Tuesdays at 11:30 AM at the Main Branch
- Wednesdays at 11:30 AM at the Kobetich Branch (Occurs before the library opens.)
- Thursdays at 11:30 AM at the Wheelock Branch (birth to 18 months)
- Fridays at 11:30 AM at the Swasey Branch
- Saturdays at 10:30 AM at the Main Branch
Movement, music, stories and activities for toddlers (18 - 36 months) with a participating caregiver.
- Tuesdays at 11:30 AM at the Wheelock Branch (Occurs before the library opens. Participants must arrive by 11:35 AM to be admitted.)
- Saturdays at 11:30 AM at the Main Branch
Stories, music, felt stories, ukulele songs and more for three to five year olds.
- Thursdays at 10:30 AM at the Kobetich Branch
- Thursdays at 10:30AM at the Moore Branch
- Thursdays at 10:30AM at the Wheelock Branch
- Fridays at 10:30AM at the South Tacoma Branch
Kids of all ages can wear their pajamas and join us for stories, songs and more.
Recommended for children ages two to five years old. Have fun reading books, enjoy rhymes, songs and fingerplays, and then get out the mega blocks for play time.
- Thursdays at 10:30 AM at the Fern Hill Branch
Play & Grow Storytime
Join us for stories, music, activities and play for all ages.