TPL To Go holds pickup is available at all Tacoma Public Library locations, including the Eastside Microlibrary at Eastside Community Center.
There are two ways to pick up your holds with TPL To Go:
TPL To Go hours:
|Tuesday and Wednesday||12p.m.–2 p.m. and 5 p.m.–7 p.m.|
|Thursday, Friday, and Saturday||10 a.m. –12 p.m. and 3 p.m.–5 p.m.|
TPL To Go hours at Eastside Community Center:
Note that this is a walk-up service (no phone available) at the café window and is available one day per week, on Tuesdays.
Schedule an Appointment
- Schedule a 30-minute time slot to pick up your holds by selecting a library below. Please make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. Not sure if you have holds ready for pick up? Log in to your library account, opens a new window to view your holds.
- Check your email to confirm your TPL To Go request was approved. Requests are approved when staff verifies that you have items ready for pickup at your selected library.
- When you arrive at the library, follow the signs to pick up your holds. Materials are already checked out to your account.
- If your hold is not there, call the phone number on the posted signs.
What if I miss my appointment?
At the end of each day, staff will check in all items that were not picked up. This will remove them from your account and send them to the next person on the waiting list. If you cannot make your appointment, please call 253-280-2800 before close of business that day to schedule a time that works better for you.
*Please note that your bag may only include items that were ready for pickup at the time of your original scheduled appointment. Staff is unable to extend due dates on items in rescheduled bags
765 South 84th Street
Tacoma, WA 98444
Phone: (253) 280-2910
212 Browns Point Blvd. NE
Tacoma, WA 98422
Phone: (253) 280-2920
1102 Tacoma Avenue South
Tacoma, WA 98402
Phone: (253) 280-2800
215 South 56th Street
Tacoma, WA 98408
Phone: (253) 280-2930
3523 East G Street
Tacoma, WA 98404
Phone: (253) 280-2950
3411 South 56th Street
Tacoma, WA 98409
Phone: (253) 280-2960
7001 Sixth Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406
Phone: (253) 280-2970
3722 North 26th Street
Tacoma, WA 98407
Phone: (253) 280-2980
When you arrive at the Library, please call the phone number posted outside the building to speak with a staff member about picking up your holds. If you do not have a phone and have holds to pick up, please approach the front doors of the library and be prepared to present your library card or ID or hold notice to staff.
A library staff member will gather your holds, place them in a bag, and motion for you to socially distance yourself so they can safely place them on the table outside the doors for you to retrieve.
If you are picking up holds on behalf of someone else, please have their library card number ready to present to library staff.
When picking up your holds, please:
- Wear a face mask
- Practice social distancing