Stacks of Tacoma Times "Special Edition" swamp the mailing room, nearly obscuring newspaper workers with tall stacks of newspapers. On February 27, 1940 the Times heralded their move to new quarters with a daily edition that ran 92 pages in 5 sections. It was the largest edition of the Times published to that date. More than 36 tons of newsprint was used in the publication of the 5,000,000 pages. Each copy of the paper weighed over one pound. The Times received thousands of orders for extra copies, many mailed to other countries, including one to the King of Italy.