Retrofit at the Muni Dock

Onlookers lean over wooden barriers to inspect refurbishing efforts being conducted on the city's Municipal Dock on September 20, 1929. Three workers are pictured gazing as what may be a concrete pile being inserted through an opening in the dock. Besides concrete piling to replace wooden piers then in use, a concrete floor and a fire wall were installed. Repairs were estimated at $90,000.

See more featured images and posts