"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." - Oscar Wilde
February 12 - 18, 2017, is Random Acts of Kindness Week. Did you know that being kind to others can lower your stress levels and your blood pressure? Being kind can also increase your energy level and your life span. In short, practicing kindness feels good, does good, and makes the world a better place.
Here are some Random Acts of Kindness that you can do today:
- Give someone a handwritten letter.
- Bake someone a cake.
- Say “hi” to the person next to you in the elevator.
- Leave quarters at the laundromat.
- Pick up trash around your neighborhood.
And here are some Random Acts of Kindness that you can practice in the library:
- Donate used books to the library book sale to support the summer reading club.
- Strike up a conversation with someone about what they are reading.
- Pay the overdue fines of the person behind you in line.
Read more about kindness here.