Firemen practice their life-saving techniques by catching an enthusiastic volunteer. The volunteer in this picture from June of 1950 has just jumped from the drying tower next to station No. 5 at 1453 South 12th Street. Fire Station No. 5 was built in 1935. Its number was changed to Station No. 4 in 1974. It was added to the National Register of Historic Buildings in 1986.