This aerial photograph of the Point Defiance Boat House and Pavilion was taken in August of 1948. Built on the site of the park's first pavilion, this large complex of buildings was the last project completed by the W.P.A. in the park. The pavilion was used for a number of years as the site of the Point Defiance Aquarium, and was destroyed by fire in 1972. The boat house was destroyed by an arson fire in September of 1984. Today a new boat house and restaurant stand on the site.