Tacoma firefighter Ray Hammond prepares to fill a rubber raft containing a model of the second Narrows Bridge in this photo taken at Fire Station #10 at S. 74th and Park Avenue. The model of the bridge was built by members of the Tacoma Fire Department for the benefit of the Tacoma and District annual flower show held October 7-8, 1950. Holding the bridge steady is Lt. Raymond Greenleaf, its designer. Standing behind the model (from left to right) are Mrs. Oscar Olson, Fire Chief Charles Eisenbacher, Mrs. Henry J. Walters, president of the Tacoma and District Chrysanthemum Society, Major Martin W. Hillor and Mrs. Henry Nordlund. The second Narrows Bridge officially opened on October 14, 1950. goo.gl/wEa4W6
Powered by BiblioCommons.
BiblioWeb: app03 Version 4.1.2 Last updated 2022/01/11 12:12