1. Where are you from?
Rancho Cucamonga, California (within an hour’s drive of Los Angeles).
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What animal would you like to be and why?
I would like to be a hamster, because they are absolutely adorable! They always look like they’re having so much fun burrowing and running around when they have a huge habitat to play in.
4. What is your favorite book to read in storytime?
I love reading books that have a great rhythm, or a repeated phrase that the kids can help me with throughout the book. Pete the Cat books are always so much fun!
5. Who is your favorite children's author?
This is a tough question to answer! There are so many great authors, and so many great books, that I’ll probably have a different answer for you each day. Today, I’ll say Colleen Venable. I love her Guinea Pig graphic novel series.
6. What is a book for kids that you read recently that you would recommend?
My chapter book recommendation is Rump by Liesl Shurtliff. My recommendation for a picture book is The Crocodile Who Didn't Like Water by Gemma Merino.
7. Fill in the blanks: "Libraries are _ because __."
Libraries are Awesome because they provide a safe, free place for families to engage in fun activities together.
Welcome to Tacoma, Jamie!