Ladies Who Read

Eileen Jennings and Mrs. Eugene Leddy peruse the new Fine Arts department of the Tacoma Public Library in the winter of 1952. Shelves are loaded with a large selection of books. The Fine Arts department was a new addition to the library with Miss Carol Gander, formerly head of the Albuquerque Public Library reference department, in charge. The $1,250,000 library had just been dedicated on Sunday, November 2, 1952, with nearly 4000 in attendance.

See more featured images and posts