In November of 1934, part of the fishing fleet moored at the Port Commission Docks. Tacoma at this time was home to about 45 fishing vessels. Among the fleet were the "Sima", the "Argo", and the "Sapho". A motorboat, the "Hazel", was tied to the Port walkway. The November 20th Tacoma Times published an editorial advocating that Tacoma build a larger Marina for the fleet, one that could dock upwards to 300 boats. The area suggested was along the south strip of the Port of Tacoma, near the Port Piers.