In October of 1942, Maxwell Super Service Station, 910 Puyallup Ave., really offered its customers super service. Nine women attendants rushed out to take care of a 1942 De Soto convertible (with hide-away headlights!) that had stopped for gas. The women pumped gas, checked under the hood, put air in the tires and cleaned the headlights. As more men enlisted or went to work in the defense industries, the women took over the jobs they left behind.