Tacoma Public Library's Anime Club seeks to be creative and explore Asian and American society through anime, manga, and pop culture. What do we do?
- Read manga
- Watch anime (mostly with subtitles)
- Watch Korean and Japanese live action films
- Occasionally we watch American animation
- Critically discuss what we watch and read
- Get the giggles and eat tasty snacks
- Play Games
- After we watch anime and are full of inspiration we create crafts, drawings, written pieces, films and more for our webzine Anime Get Away!
This club is recommended for ages 13 and up. Anime fans over 21 may attend with the understanding that our films, creations, and conversations aim at a PG-13 or below maturity rating.
Email the teen services librarianopens a new window if you have questions.