Summer Reading sponsors: Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, opens a new window, Ice Cream Social, opens a new window, Metro Parks Tacoma, opens a new window, Mountain Mist Natural Spring Water, opens a new window, Narrows Plaza Bowl, opens a new window, St. Leo’s Food Connection, opens a new window, Teaching Toys and Books, opens a new window, Toastmasters International, Washington State Fair, opens a new window
Community booths: Metro Parks Tacoma, Tacoma Fire Department, Tahoma Audubon Society, Write253
TACOMA, WASH— Tacoma Public Library invites community members of all ages to its first annual Summer Reading Block Party on Saturday, Aug. 10 from 1—4 p.m. at 1102 Tacoma Avenue South in front of the Main Branch. The block party is free, open to the public, and will feature local performers, games, activities for all ages, community information booths, drone demonstrations and STEM educational activities, as well as an opportunity to have a photo taken with Mayor Victoria Woodards.
The Block Party will include a full lineup of local performers:
- Vision Step Team, opens a new window, 1–1:45 pm
- Tacoma's premiere step team partners with Tacoma Public School District to implement social-emotional learning through the art of step and drill.
- Tacoma Refugee Choir, opens a new window, 2–2:45 pm
- The Tacoma Refugee Choir uses the power of music to help build a more welcoming community, foster unity, and spark meaningful action and dialogue.
- Bubbleman, opens a new window, 3–3:45 pm
- Seattle’s favorite festival performer comes with equipped with supplies to create an entertaining and immersive bubble experience for all ages.
“The Summer Reading Block Party is a celebration for our local community,” stated Library Director Kate Larsen. “We’ve had a great turnout for our Summer Reading program and we look forward to culminating it with this fun, free, and family-friendly event.”
More information on the Summer Reading Block Party and all other programs offered by Tacoma Public Library can be found at tacomalibrary.org.
About Tacoma Public Library:
The Tacoma Public Library serves the Tacoma, Washington, community with eight branches and year-round services and programming. Tacoma Public Library provides access to ideas and perspectives from around the world, and through innovative library services, stimulates the development of literacy, knowledge, wisdom, critical thought, and valuable interaction that yields positive experiences and a thriving community.
Mariesa Bus, Public Information Officer | email@example.com | 253.292.2001 x1220