Most locations have resumed normal hours.
Current hours by location:
Fern Hill, Main*, Moore, South Tacoma, Swasey, and Wheelock Libraries
|Tuesdays and Wednesdays||12–8 p.m.|
|Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays||10 a.m.–6 p.m.|
Kobetich and Mottet Libraries
|Tuesdays and Wednesdays||12–3 p.m.
Closed 3–4 p.m.
|Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays||10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Closed 1–2 p.m.
2 –6 p.m.
Although the greater part of Main Library is closed for facility upgrades through fall 2022, the Main Library lobby is open for walk-in holds pickup and library card sign-ups.
No public computers, printing, copier, or restrooms will be accessible in the Main Library lobby at this time.
While the greater part of the Main Library’s building remains closed to the public, it will continue to offer appointments to visit the Digital Media Lab and Northwest Room for specialty services.
Services available during your visit:
(Except for Digital Media Lab and Northwest Room)
- Material browsing, holds pickup and checkout
- Account services (signing up for library cards, paying fees, etc.)
- Public computer terminals are available on first-come, first-serve basis for a 60-minute session.
- Print are 10 cents for black and white and 20 cents for color
- Print up to $5 worth of prints for free with your TPL library card!
- Limited seating for wi-fi and electrical outlet access
- Book sale
When visiting, please:
- Wear a face mask
- Practice social distancing
- Follow signs posted outside the library to enter
Please do not enter the library if you are sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case.
Make an Appointment to Visit the Northwest Room or Digital Media Lab
Appointments must be made at least 12 hours in advance.
|Digital Media Lab