Visit a Library
Holds pickup is available at all Tacoma Public Library locations and the Eastside Community Center.
There are two ways to pick up your holds:
- Make an appointment for contactless holds pickup on your schedule, or;
- Visit a Library building during our services hours
Holds Pickup hours at Eastside Community Center:
Note that this is a walk-up service (no phone available) at the café window and is available on Tuesdays only.
How to borrow physical materials from Tacoma Public Library:
- Make an appointment for Contactless Holds Pickup
- Visit a Library building during our service hours
- Use your library card, opens a new window (eCard or physical card) to access eBooks, eAudiobooks, and streaming movies and TV shows, opens a new window via our eResources, opens a new window.
In addition, library patrons can utilize Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to borrow materials from a network of libraries.
Tacoma Public Library is accepting returns at all locations, including the bookdrop at Eastside Community Center. Bookdrops are available 24/7.
Services at Your Neighborhood Library
Click the name of your library to find out what services it is currently offering:
|Library Services at Eastside Community Center, opens a new window||
|Main Library||Northwest Room and Digital Media Lab open by appointment||
|All other Locations||Open for in-building services||