Summer Reading Club 2020: Imagine Your Story
Welcome to Tacoma Public Library’s Summer Reading Club 2020! We’re delighted to have readers of all ages join us. This year’s theme is “Imagine Your Story!”
You can also download and print Reading Logs and Creative Kits from home! Find the Reading Log for your age level and fill it in by reading and completing fun activities. Books, ebooks, magazines, graphic novels, and audiobooks can all be used to meet the reading requirements.
You can access reading materials with your library card by using the Overdrive/Libby, and hoopla apps! Find everything you need to know about downloading and using these free apps on our A-Z Resources Page.
When you've completed your Reading Log, fill out this survey to let us know about your Summer Reading Club experience! The last day to complete your log is Saturday, August 29.
Thank you for joining Summer Reading Club to Imagine Your Story with TPL this summer!
Summer Reading Club FAQs
All ages can join! We have a program for preschoolers, kids, teens, and adults. A library card is not required.
Follow the instructions on your reading log to finish the game. Each age group has different guidelines. When you complete the game, please take a moment to fill out our survey, opens a new window.
Research has shown that summer reading prevents “summer slide,” or, loss of knowledge and reading proficiency over the summer. Summer Reading Club is a fun and beneficial experience for all ages! By participating in Summer Reading Club, your child will foster a love of reading, learning, and trying new experiences like our fun Summer Reading Club programs for all ages. Check out our event calendar to see what’s coming up next!
Summer Reading Club Online Events
Programs and activities will be offered in a variety of virtual formats:
- Live programs using the Zoom platform (registration required)
- Some Zoom programs may require picking up a physical supply kit before the program. Please read the event listing for more information.
- Prerecorded YouTube videos that will launch on a special day. These will be featured on our website and social media, and will remain available after the release date.
- On demand programs available anytime through our YouTube channel.
- Creative kits consisting of themed crafts and activities that can be viewed and downloaded via our website or social media. Creative kit supplies will also be available from our grab-n-go displays outside of select branches.
Upcoming SRC Events
Featured Event 2
Looking for something fun to do this summer? Look no further! Our Youth Services Librarians have created weekly creative kits with themed activities for all ages. Download the kits below or pick up a physical kit from one of our grab-n-go displays outside of select branches. Physical kits will have bonus extras like craft supplies and stickers.